A new Presidential administration presents a unique opportunity for the fisheries, environmental, and natural resources community to collaboratively present a set of thoughtfully developed key recommendations that need to be addressed in order to support the conservation, enhancement, and management of our nation’s aquatic resources and systems–freshwater and marine. To our knowledge, no other organization has yet to craft a set of similar recommendations.
Beginning in January of 2016, AFS has held upwards of 15 meetings/discussion sessions to hear from non-profit organizations, agencies, academia, and other groups to develop a comprehensive set of topic areas to be covered within this set of recommendations. 12 topical items percolated to the top and are presented within the document. These topic areas include:
- Effective Fisheries Management
- Angling and Fisheries Conservation
- Climate-Related Impacts on Coastal and Marine Systems
- Climate-Related Resiliency for Inland Aquatic Systems
- The Need for Advancements in Aquaculture
- Medications for Aquaculture Programs
- Conservation Science Funding
- Management within an Ecosystems Context
- Imperiled Species
- Habitat Protection and Restoration
- Invasive Species
A PDF version of the document is now available or click on the flipbook below to read it online. If you have any questions, please contact Drue Winters at email@example.com or 301-897-8616. References for the document.